Thursday, February 12, 2009

ugh

sooo my computer broke last night. i...hate...technology...

now here's the thing... i was under the impression that macbooks didn't break. i bought my mac because someone who shall remain nameless (BETH) told me that they're out-of-box ready (true), "basically immune to viruses" (so far so good) and indestructable. false. in fact, they can, and do, break.

so i scheduled an "appointment" to fix it later this afternoon (like it's my pet and i'm taking it to the vet). and if this thing is going to cost more than thirty five dollars, i'm going to have to donate plasma. kidding, kidding. meanwhile, i have to rewrite my group counseling paper about my visit to narcotics anonymous. that's another story.

i'm not even entertaining the thought that it could be beyond-repair broken. if that's the case, i have major problems, seeing as i've not backed up anything. file this example of irresponsibility next to "loses credit cards at least once a year" and chalk it up to my "perceiving lifestyle" according to ms. myers and briggs.

in other news, i did finally get a computer at work (i've been working here since september. you do the math)...which is awesome because i can actually do my job now. double edged-sword however because now i actually have to do my job. this is work. not amateur hour.

happy thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment