Thursday, March 12, 2009

this was kind of funny before. maybe not really now.

JOE: So, TULIP
How much of that you cool with?
I just met a group of "Lutheran" double-predestinators/limited atoners and it was a little weir.d
(The orthodox Lutheran position is generally single predestination, which I realize is a contradiction to human minds, but, "the wisdom of God is foolishness to men" and all that.)
You left the chat by logging out or being disconnected.

ME: you are c=razy
and i'm in class, so we will have to discuss later

JOE: crazy??
You mean... theologically?

ME: no, more of on a personal level

JOE: or in that this is what I've chosen to discuss on my lunch break?
ah, well.
correct
It's good to be loved.

ME: ha
you're welcome

JOE:I've also lately become fond of referring to things as "the error of Rome" if I find them too Papist and "the error of Geneva" if I find them too Calvinist.
It's sweet.
I suppose I could also say "the error of Constantinople" if I find things too... iconoclastic?
But frankly, how often does THAT come up??

ME: this is going on my blog, fyi

5 comments:

  1. you're both funny. Did I mention that your blog is pink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad i'm not the only one who gets this treatment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe: I just met a group of "Lutheran" double-predestinators/limited atoners and it was a little weird.
    Me: yeah did they say anything too iconoclastic?
    Joe: Hmm
    Joe: Have you been talking to Libby?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll start using "the error of the Ville" to refer to anything too Kathy-like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How am I JUST NOW reading these comments? ha

    ReplyDelete