Tuesday, February 10, 2009

(boys drool), tuesdays rule

soooo i'm watching the biggest loser and eating brownies.... paradox.
tuesday is one of my favorite days of the week...no class, so my mornings are free.i try to get some school work done, and am ofte successful. then i take in my weekly dose of matlock early afternoon, waltz myself over to work, run a few mini-marathon prep miles with my pace group leaders gary and jay, laugh at allison's hilarious jokes, and come home to the best tv night all week: jeopardy, TBL, American Idol, and SVU. ah, life is good.

don't you judge me, earl hickey.

allison has this lovely habit of making me laugh in the middle of class via IM. and now she's doing it while we run. to all of you non-athletes (as if I am), lauging is counterproductive to the running endeavor. endorphins, schmendorphins...it gives you sideahes and takes your breath. so tonight at running club, she told me that one of our pace leaders looks like one of cinderella's mice, and then she started talking about "filibuster bob," by which she meant punxatawny phil.


in other news, i think i'm going home this weekend. this is strange...i have been getting really homesick lately. little things trigger it...certain songs, and SUNSHINE, of all things. i know that sounds weird, but it is what it is. i'm looking forward to going home and seeing friends and fambly. should hold me over til easter, which is probably the next time i'll be there. the last 5 months have FLOWN by. i am so grateful for the new friendships i've made and the things i've learned and experienced in grad school. i miss my life as a teacher DEARLY, but i do't regret making this move in the least. doesn't mean i don't ache for my old life once in a while.

well, kids, i'm out. things to do, people to see. the octuplet mom is on dateline...

No comments:

Post a Comment