Monday, February 23, 2009

bad hair day, among other things

today was the first day since i got a haircut in january that i thought i'd venture out au naturel--ran some "product" as they say, through my hair and let it air dry (more on air drying later), schlepped on some lipgloss, and called it good. big. mistake. i look like i'm in 2nd grade and tried to do my hair all by myself for the first time. i'm also wearing a striped turtleneck, which adds to the elementary school motif. so, to anyone who i see today, hold your comments. like you don't need to say "long night?" "do you...feel ok?" or "shoot girlfriend, you look like a bus hit your trike." i get it. i am not my usual svelte self.

ok, so when i wrote "air dry," it made me think back to college when i would run with abby and then refuse to take a shower afterwards, instead opting to "air dry" as we did our post-run abs of steel session. looking back, i see that was rather inconsiderate of me.

ok, so you remember the unruly neighbors above me on whom i had to call the police? well, they are ever so sublty exacting their revenge on me. i keep my keyboard in my bedroom, and my latest favorite thing to do at home is learn how to read and use chord charts. i feel like i'm getting a lot better. however, as soon as i start playing, the neighbors upstairs start stomping around and making noise, i don't think they like it. so i say to myself, "i too can play this game," and then i turn the volume up. and then i feel bad for being so spiteful, and i promptly turn it back down. i honestly don't know how they could possibly hear me. but coincidence? i think not.


in other news, behold my favorite artifact from friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment