Monday, November 1, 2010

tryptophan.

my favorite amino acid (which, as you know, are the building blocks of PROTEIN!). and main ingredient in turkey. and turkey is the main dish of thanksgiving dinner. and thanksgiving is one of the best holidays that occurs on the 4th thursday of my favorite month.

so in honor of november, i am embarking on a little something i like to call my gratitude project.

gratitude. /n/ ...a little something my friend and trusty research tool, wikipedia, defines as thankfulness, or appreciation, a positive emotion or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive.

if i die tonight (hey, it could happen. and if it does, i hereby will my short shorts to becca triemstra), i want to be remembered as a grateful person. oh how i fail to be thankful on a daily basis! and i have so so much to be thankful for.

like...
a job
my church
my toothbrush
mums
moms (mine, in particular)
oh my goodness, and so much more.

i want to be intentional in naming the things in life for which i am thankful. i couldn't even scratch the surface of the ways in which i've been blessed but each morning, i assure you that i will rise each morning this month (and hopefully, this will start a habit) specifically thanking the lord for the many things he's given that i do not deserve.

and on that note.
i do not want to go to the gym, but i deserve to have to go because of the insane amounts of apple crisp i've consumed in the past 2 hours.

gluttony. such a drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment