Monday, November 8, 2010

lovely day :)

some of you know that my biggest struggle at work has been connecting with other staff members. they're slightly clannish and don't take too kindly to whomever they perceive as outsiders. i have a couple strikes against me in that i live inside 465, in the big city, and i'm from michigan no less. they don't quite know what to do with me, since so many are born-and-raised hoosiers.
anyway, i was forcing myself to eat in the teachers' lounge because i felt like thats the only way this is going to get any better. i'd hoped and expected to be included, but apparently that's not going to happen on its own. which i don't get because i'm nice and fun and accepting of others and rather good natured. i mean come on, i'm libby. what's not to love, right?
well, plenty, apparently.

HOWEVER. breakthrough today.
i had my first fellow-staff visitor today to drop by just to say hi. such an encouragement.
and then i had good conversation in the lunchroom, even though it was about marching band. those 4 years in the lakeshore lancer marching band paid off today at 12:48pm. so did my extensive knowledge of drum corps, thanks to joe, john, and matt. i know i've made fun of you in the past (and i will continue to do so), but today i thank you. because it helped me make a friend :)

it was also 70 degrees and sunny. and i worked out right after school, and i had a most delicious cupcake. and i raked leaves with my roommate kim. lovely day indeed,

in other news, i have a counselor breakfast at the local career center and then an educator luncheon at some upscale place in fishers tomorrow. aaaand i don't have to report back to school. so i will be wined, dined, and permissed to go home early tomorrow. happy tuesday to you and yours!

i also made some yummy (and relatively low-cal) pumpkin custard tonight, which i am eating. once i wrap this up, i'm unplugging for the evening, and delving into one of the 4 books i'm currently reading. it's 8:17pm, but it feels like much later, even since we "fell back."
this is how i know i'm getting older: with each passing year, i am more and more affected by the time change. i also find myself saying," kids these days...." on an ever-more-increasing basis. things are not as they were in the 90s. and that, my friends, is a shame. just as unfortunate as my bangs in 8th grade.

2 comments:

  1. Good day. I liked this. I recently made some pumpkin oatmeal that got great reviews: http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2009/10/pumpkin_pie_oatmeal.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just re-reading some Libby classics today (what? doesn't everyone??) and wanted to say that I appreciate the shoutout. Who wouldn't want to hang out with Libby in the lunchroom?! It even alliterates.

    ReplyDelete