Saturday, November 20, 2010

favorite things

i came home from a good week of work yesterday and turned on the tv, only to find oprah giving away her favorite things. this is the ONE and ONLY reason i would ever be a guest on oprah (hm, my wording there makes it sound like i'd be doing oprah a favor by seeing her show live. which we all know is true, but i'm not sure the most influential woman in america would agree.) anyway, i could only watch it for about 4 minutes because a.) oprah kind of drives me nuts and b.) the sheer amount of screaming from the audience. my ears are still ringing. they were one happy bunch.

so in honor of ms winfrey, here's the list of favorite things i'd give to my studio audience (or, as it were, my 52 followers.) that is, if i could.

1.) rainy fall saturday mornings.
LIKE TODAY! yay!

2.) Tickets to a Patty Griffin concert. Especially if you've got good friends to go with

3.) Good friends.

4.) Panera gingerbread bagels
They're ba-ack! and I have a sneaking suspicion that my efforts to lose 8# over the holiday season may be sabotaged by these pieces of round, warm, spicy heaven. i'm indulging at this very moment

5.)Blistex silk & shine lip gloss/chap stick.
My sister in law gave me this stuff a few years ago for Christmas, and I've replenished every time CVS has them in buy-one-get-one packaging. or every 2-3 months, whichever comes first. I have about 4 of these stashed in various corners of my life--work, car, home, purse, etc. Never go without. Always be prepared.

6.) Pandora Celine Dion--Holiday station. Hey! This is free. check it out.

7.) Smart wool socks. Love for the toesies.

8.) A Sunday morning at my church. yourchurch.com this place has quite literally changed my life.

9.) being home for the holidays. 4 more days! 5, counting today. fills me up just thinking about it. (even if jeff did back out of the 5k!!!!!) <--not bitter at all. :)

10.) gap jeans in long& lean. my new go-to. (i'd also give you the ability to NEVER have to go jeans shopping again, as that is quite possibly the most humbliing shopping experience you will ever have to endure.

well, that pretty much covers it! :) jkjkjk

i do wish you all a wonderful & warm thanksgiving with those you love, spending intentional time in gratitude for the blessings not only of this past year, but also for the wonderful gifts God, in his grace & mercy, has given us that we do not deserve.

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in our transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved.

Eph. 2:4-5

1 comment: