Wednesday, January 27, 2010

arts and letters (aka crafts and books)

currently reading:
what's so great about christianity?
choosing gratitude
colossians
philippians
my addictions textbook


next up (before spring break?):
celebration of discipline
healthy at 100
search for significance
isaiah
the psalms

i need more suggestions! does anyone read any good fiction? i have yet to find a fiction author who is not a waste of time. i'm not trying to be dramatic...i enjoy a few authors (nicolas sparks, jodi picoult...laugh all you want), but i feel like it's a waste of time, especially when i prefer nonfiction, and learn something in the meantime. two birds...one stone, you know what i mean?

in other news, this blogspace needs a makeover.
so does my bedroom (paint on the walls? refinish my monstrous blue desk? (my favorite piece of furniture))
and the upsairs hallway (homemade artwork? send your ideas please! it's big white space with a pretty bad paint job.)
as does my hairstyle (or lack thereof...dare i dye it? or, even better question: dare i trust the fine employees of great clips to go at it once again, considering past results?)

i think i need to take a creativity sabbatical (i know, you wonder...a sabbatical from what? it's 9:02 am on a wednesday morning and libby's drinking coffee and blogging. valid point. trust me, i'm about to get up and get ready for work. 10.more.minutes)


a note about my 2010 resolutions...
some are going well! i'm particularly pleased with my increased cooking attempts. i see how people could really get into this. on my lunchbreak yesterday, i found myself on the better homes and gardens recipes website. i have arrived. hello, adulthood. i continue to find myself living wiht girls who are amazing cooks. but i must admit, my most recent inspiration came from julie & julia.

hey, if you think of it this week, i have some big decisions i need to make for my summer, and i need wisdom. big time. it's all about good stuff, but it's big nonetheless. and if you're praying for me anyway, would you also pray that i'd find a job in indianapolis, and not have to move. i have grown to love it here, and it's scary and sad to think about having to move away. i'm trying to walk the very fine line between worrying about the future and being proactive. easier said than done...

and right now TODAY is calling my name.
love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment