Wednesday, June 3, 2009

update... come and get it

hello all.
i've heard from half of my loyal followers regarding my failures as a human being. specifically, the lack of updates within the blogosphere.
well, here's the deal. i've been:

put down
pushed around
apprehended, and led downtown.


...and by that, i mean out of town and busy busy busy. and a little taken advantage of, but that's my own fault. and i have a pretty awesome co-worker who lets me vent for hours on end. actually, more like minutes on end. but that's all i need.

i had a glorious weekend in michigan's "great southwest" --lots of time catching up with former students and their families at grad parties and graduation on sunday. i played pomp and circumstance (4th year) for the ceremony and didn't mess it up! (1st time for everything :). and the kids noticed. ha...i cannot tell you how nice it was to be back there. while i am so grateful for the opportunity to go to grad school, and to do it here with the people in my program, i still love gcs. it feels like home. it was refreshing to spend time there this weekend. ahhhh.

did anyone else watch svu last night? um, i kept my hands over my eyes for most of it. intense. scary. and yet oddly satisfying.
and speaking of tv, what was nbc thinking in a,) kicking jay leno out of the tonight show time slot. conan is awkward and not funny. and b.) creating i'm a celebrity get me out of here. i turn the channel when the previews even come on. seriously? sanjaya?

and despite how much i talk about it, i don't really watch that much tv. but i do tend to talk about what i watch.

this is perhaps the most boring update i've ever written. i'm now taking suggestions for topics you'd like me to address...politics? ethics? social justice? wnat me to give stand up comedy a shot? acrobatics? tap dancing? an advice column?

2 comments:

  1. listening to a little alison krauss are we? i watched svu!!! so glad they got rid of that annoying guy! we have netflix for 3 months (gift card) and we can watch the first 7 seasons of svu online...i'm addicted!!! 1st season down, 2nd one half way there.

    my vote is stand up comedy.

    ps. can't wait to see you in july!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah - my vote is also standup comedy - if you practice a lot maybe you can take over conan's spot! :) and i promise my schedule is now set in the beginning of july! :)

    ReplyDelete