Thursday, June 11, 2009

back in business

ok. three things

a.) thank you aefisher84, my ipod is charged and i can once again work out. and i did. and it was awesome.
b.) how about that swine flu?
c.) i am kiiiind of up to my ears in work for school, but i have a much better attitude about it and a new resolve to make the most of this summer. this is good.

my back has been insanely sore the other day, so i've started sleeping on my back and juuuust might go get a massage this weekend. desperate times call for desperate measures.


a couple funny things happened today. first, one of my favorite students, sam (the eighth grader who had BUSINESS CARDS. i mean, why wouldn't you) put one of his science project videos on youtube. anyway, there's this one part where sam is part of a newscast, playing the part of the interviewer, interviewing an "expert" on BOTH volcanoes and earthquakes. He asks this expert to explain the similarities between volcanoes and earthquakes. to which the "expert" replies, "there aren't too many similarities...actually there are none at all." ok. maybe you have to see it for yourself. i will get the link. anyway at the end of the interview sam goes, "up next...bette midler." haha. what 8th grade boy from 2008 knows who bette midler is?

i also had piano lesson #2 this week with levi. i wish i had a video camera when he's talking. it's totally hilarious and completely adorable. he told me today that my arms had hair on them and that i should probably shave them. he also told me that next year he's going to take stair lessons because he has "a little trouble" going up stairs. he also told me that i made "a few" mistakes in my rendition of ode to joy.

i am going running with my grandpa in the morning and then taking him out for coffee to celebrate his 81st year of life. nothing says happy birthday like a cream cheese danish and st-rong starbucks coffee in the butler student union. we know how to celebrate in style. it's like, go big or go home. right?

and finally tonight, my grandmother burst my proverbial bubble last fall when she told me that the plant i had managed to keep alive for 2 whole years was a philodendron, and that you "can't kill a philodendron even if you tried." well, grandma, i did try and it did die. i had been feeding it a ot-so-steady diet of tap water and the dregs of my morning coffee, and it still kept losing leaves and turning yellow. so i put it outside for a couple days, to get some sun and some water. well, holy torrential downpour the other night! so the leaves (which are on these vine-y like stems) were sitting in some stagnant water for about a day, and they started to rot. so i killed an unkillable plant. what am i going to do when i have children? can i be trusted to take care of any living thing? i think we know the answer, and this is not good.

goodnight and happy weekend! tomorrow's friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment