Friday, February 25, 2011

snowday!

snowday #6 has arrived. i'm sitting at my kitchen table with some lukewarm 5am coffee (i actually got up on time for once today!) looking out over a snow-dusted park avenue. it's february 25th and i'm listening to christmas music. it just feels right. it's really not strange at all. i do christmas crafts on october 25, and i am liking my first annual christmas mix rewind on feb 25.

enough.

cold winter days are not only perfect excuses for coffee and melancholy itunes mixes. they're also wonderful for reflection. and my friends, you've all gotten quite the dose of libby-reflection over the past two years. sorry about that.

but today, i'm looking ahead. i will be spending a chunk of time (perhaps at starbucks) editing my resume and creating some type of backbone of a cover letter. the time has come to start the job hunt for next year. my time at my current job has been just wonderful, and i'm hoping that there will be a position for me next year, but i cannot rely on that happening. major, major bummer. i've been aware of this all along, and the time's come.

i also need to clean out my closet.

yeah, it'll be a good day.

1 comment:

  1. sunday it was 72 degrees here. yesterday we had tornadoes.

    that's all.

    p.s. hi. glad you're blogging again. i should get on that.

    ReplyDelete