Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 2

You're riveted, I'm sure. Anxiously awaiting my new new thing of the day.
Well today, my friends, began as most of my summer days in Indy do...sleep in, make coffee, toast an Englsih muffin, read, take a look around the garden (which has produced all of SIX green beans thus far. SIX. i will not be deterred.), ran some errands, and then....
THEN.
i went to borders and read an entire book THERE, without buying it. i just found a nice chair by the window and read the whole book. "skinny bitch." i was intrigued but upon thumbing through the pages, i realized it was raunchy enough that i didn't want to actually support the authors. it also had quite a left-wing agenda and incredibly crass language. but i wanted to read it, and so i did. cost me a couple hours and nothing else. i will be doing this more often.
"go to the library, libby," you may say.
fair enough, though...i don't know about you, but books always look so much more appealing at the bookstore. so there you have it. day two.

also, i went to play tennis with a friend and when i returned to my car, there was a note on my windshield: "on the off chance you want to play some tennis, or that we have something in common...kendall 317-690-xxxx) i am not the kind of girl to whom that kind of thing happens (in 9th grade robert clark did put a note in my locker, asking me out. when he asked if i found it, i claimed that i had not. you know...locker neighbors shouldn't go out. makes things too complicated.) random men should not leave notes such as these on cars. kendall, i'm sure you're a nice guy. i think i even know who you are, since you were the only adult male playing tennis alone. next time, introduce yourself.

ugh. men. what to do?

in other news, i am on a total whose line is it anyway kick, and i gotta get caught up on my 7 recorded episodes before my roommates get sick of me clogging up the dvr memory.
summer priorities, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment